The Sunshine Blogger Award is “given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.” I’d love to say that came from the official Sunshine Blogger home page but, if there is one, I can’t find it. This was on this 2018 blog post and since I liked it, I pilfered it.
To have One Day at a Time nominate me for this in April and tell their followers about Walk the Goats is a nice recognition of my blog. And it gives me welcomed encouragement. Thanks, Floating Gold, and sorry I took so long to participate!
Go check out their blog where newsworthy topics are tackled with passion and perspective. Creative writing explorations are done. And our fearless blogger takes on various projects to challenge themselves.
One Day at a Time also has one of the few blogs I’ve reblogged; it was How To Discover New Blogs, which I found incredibly helpful as a new blogger and, now, three months in, it’s still useful, even if Prompts, First Friday and Community Pool are leaving the WordPress umbrella at the end of May.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate other blogs to receive the award and compose new questions for them.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The rules I received didn’t specify how many blogs to nominate or how many questions to pose. When I poked around I noted “11” popped up with great frequency, but I decided to keep things loose.
QUESTIONS FOR ME
- What would you use pickle juice for? Feel free to give more than one answer. I’ve never juiced a pickle before. Hmmm, time for a crazy new cocktail!
- What’s the time of day you enjoy blogging the most? Whenever I get my ass in seat, which means I enjoy blogging whenever I’m blogging.
- How do you promote your blog? Mostly through WordPress and Facebook. And word of mouth. I don’t promote a lot.
- Do you think being an only child is a good, or bad thing? Why? I don’t think it’s good or bad. I think it’s a factor in a child’s life, but I think there are too many other factors—parents, education, opportunities, difficulties, etc—that play really important roles.
- What’s your ideal weather? I love sunny days. But a good cloud cover gives me permission to burrow under my blankets and read for hours on end without feeling guilty. And a great thunderstorm, safe inside? That’s amazing to watch.
For those I’ve nominated, please accept my nod with no obligations. Just know I enjoy your posts and the wide range of things you write about, from joyful, comforting, and humorous to the everyday human stuff.
6 QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES
- If you were told you were going to lose the ability to see one primary color and you could choose which one, what color would you choose to give up and why?
- If someone gave you a chance to swim in a pool of chocolate, would you do it?
- If yes, what do you think it would feel like? If not, why wouldn’t you?
- What’s your favorite book written about the craft of writing?
- What’s something you’ve done that you’re proud of?
- Answer a question you want to answer that wasn’t asked.